Hello everyone,
We got almost a foot of snow Monday night. Then, Tuesday was the most beautiful day! We only worked a half day, so we could enjoy the day. We got out our brand new cross-country skis that we purchased just for this winter. I haven't cross-country skied since I was about your age, and Jeff has never done it. I would say there is room for improvement, but we did alright. We saw some bighorn sheep, a deer, a clarks nutcracker, and a BALD EAGLE. It was very quiet, and the wind was very mellow.
I am very excited to see your national parks that you are creating. Try to put things in the park that you think you would enjoy yourself. When I think about visiting a national park, I look for good scenery and hiking trails. Other people may focus on wildlife or rock climbing. So far I have been to 17 national parks. I've been to Haleakala NP, Volcanoes NP, Crater Lake NP, Redwoods NP, Yosemite NP, Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon NP, Grand Canyon NP, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Canyonlands NP, Arches NP, Petrified Forest NP, Everglades NP, Yellowstone NP, Denali NP, and Glacier NP, of course. Every national park is different. It is the diversity of our national parks that makes them so special. Funding for national parks comes partly from the government, but there are also fees in the park. These fees help pay for the roads, trail systems, and the salaries of the park employees. Good luck with creating your parks! Below are the pictures my friend Victor took when he came to visit.




Wow! Your friend is an amazing photographer. The pictures were breathtaking. Are you going to make a scrapbook while you are there? That might be a good idea.
ReplyDeleteHi Miss Heidi. We have a lot of questions. We were wondering how much snow you have had so far this season? We also don't remember how many glaciers there are. Can you remind us? Have any bears shown up around your cabin? What time does it get dark there? Have you seen any wolverines yet? What is the most fun thing about your job? How many bighorn sheep did you see while skiing? Is the hotel looking any better from your hard work? Has it been windy there? Our wind today averaged 15 mph and wind gusts up to 27 mph. We tested this with our anemometers that we made in science class. What do you wear when you go skiing? Have there been any avalanches? Do you go hunting at all or is it not allowed in a national park? If you did go hunting did you get anything?
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping us posted and we look forward to skyping with you someday.
Mrs. Collins's class