Hello everyone!
Were you able to check out the forecast for Babb, MT? When I woke up this morning, it was negative 19 degrees! I am refusing to go outside today! Our pipes in the kitchen are frozen. Jeff has been busy all morning ripping out the wall behind the sink. So far, still no luck. We have space heaters down in the crawl space and one under the sink, so you would think it is just a matter of time. (At the time of publishing, the pipes are officially thawed!)
By the way, how has your weather been?
We had a winter storm over the weekend. We did not get more than six inches inside the park, but Babb got about three feet. It took us almost three hours to drive 10 miles outside of the park. The only reason we left the park was to help our photographer friend get out of here. I had made the mistake of assuming Babb would have less snow than we had in the park. With lots of shoveling and hours of work in the freezing cold, we were able to get our friend to the end of the road.
We were rewarded for our hard work though! I got your packages! I was very, very excited to find all of your beautiful artwork! I spent a lot of time looking at all of your pictures. I am going to have to hang them up.
Since I have been unable to get to town to buy a Christmas tree, I have constructed one out of construction paper and cardboard. What is Christmas without a tree?
Keep up with your research on wolves. They are fasinating animals. Scientists are still battling for the survival of wolves. Although wolves are listed as endangered, many states in the Northwestern United States hold legal wolf hunts. The numbers of wolves that are allowed to be killed are carefully managed by wildlife management officials. Wildlife officials also monitor where the wolves are killed so that too many wolves are not killed from the same pack. Many wolves are also killed illegally each year. Some farmers will kill the wolves that get to their livestock. The fact of the matter is the habitat of wolves has been disappearing for a long time. That is why places like national parks are so important.
See you next week!
The weather here in Oil City has been cold. It snowed and we had freezing rain last night. Today it is just raining! It is 39 degrees F today. We completed our wolf assignment and learned that a wolf pack is just a family of wolves. We also learned that the alpha male and alpha female get to eat their food first. We hope you get warmer weather soon!
ReplyDelete