There is not much new to report here. Monday, Jeff and I finished up in the basement of the annex. There was a lot of painting to do down there, so it took us a while. I am glad to be out of there because it does not stay very warm. Before we left the hotel, we turned on the heaters in each of the rooms on the fourth floor of the main hotel. Now we get to climb four flights of stairs to get to work. Believe it or not, I am happy for the extra exercise! It snowed steadily, but lightly, all day, and there wasn't any wind. We are now treking across the lake daily to get to the hotel. When we went out to pick up our friends for the holiday, we left our skis at the abandoned ranger station, so we have to snowshoe everywhere. We will pick up the skis when we go get our mail next week.
Today, Jeff is over at the hotel preparing the fourth floor for some work. Hopefully, there will be work for me to do after lunch. If not, I will busy myself by shoveling snow. I just started reading a book called the Indian Creek Chronicles. It was recommended to me and is about a college kid who lands a job living in a tent for seven months in the middle of nowhere. It takes place in Idaho near the Montana border in the winter. It is a true story, and he did not know much about living in the woods before the job. I think it will make me realize how happy I am to have four walls surrounding me instead of a canvas tent, not to mention good food. Most of his food was dried beans, rice, and potaotes. He did hunt grouse and other animals. It is snowing again today but very, very lightly. I don't think we will accumulate much snow.
Here are some pictures that were taken when Jeff and I had company. The third picture is of Jeff using the ice auger to drill through the ice. This was before the weather was too bad. You can see how windy by the last few pictures.

Enjoy your weekend! Get some play time outside (I know I will). Until next week...





No comments:
Post a Comment